California Car Accident Attorney
If You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident, Know Your Rights
A car accident-related injury is just one type of personal injury claim that we specialize in when fighting for our clients’ rights in court. For more about our personal injury services, please see our “California Personal Injury Attorney” page. Or for other types of personal injury claims we support, see the links below.
In 2014, car accidents claimed the lives of 32,675 people. In 2015, that number increased by approximately 8 percent. Each year there are over 10 million vehicle accidents in the United States.
What should you do if you or someone you care about is involved in a vehicle crash?
Be cautious when speaking with insurance companies as they typically do not have your best interest at heart.
- Assess whether you and your vehicle are in a safe place. If your vehicle is in an unsafe place where you may suffer further injury or cause injury to others, move it to a safe location if you are able.
- Assess whether you or anyone in your vehicle requires immediate medical care.
- Remain at the scene. Do not leave the accident scene until you have fulfilled all legal requirements.
- Follow the instructions of the first responders (police, fire, or medical providers).
- Check on drivers and passengers in all vehicles involved in the accident. Your first concern should be the health and safety of everyone at the scene.
- Call 911 if there has been any personal injury, death, or significant property damage or if other circumstances at the scene require the presence of the police. For example, if you suspect that another driver was driving while intoxicated or if debris needs to be removed from a roadway.
- Exchange information with all other drivers, passengers, and witnesses. Take the names, phone numbers, addresses, insurance information, license plate numbers, and driver’s license numbers of drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
- Ask witnesses what they saw, and as indicated above take down all of the witness contact information.
- Take pictures at the scene if possible including pictures of your vehicle and the other vehicles involved.
- Seek medical care for all of your injuries. If you suffered any physical injuries, the sooner you seek medical care the better. Be sure to explain all of your symptoms to the healthcare professionals or they will not be able to fully treat your injuries.
- Often insurance adjusters will contact victims of car accidents after the accident, especially if their insured driver was at fault. Be cautious when speaking with them as they typically do not have your best interest at heart. Sometimes these adjusters will attempt to obtain information and even ask to take a recorded statement from you. You should not agree to provide information without first consulting an attorney and you should certainly not agree to a settlement without first consulting an attorney.
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident, contact the professionals at Venardi Zurada so we can help you through this difficult time and seek compensation for your injuries and losses. Whether the driver who hit you was guilty of drunk driving or a minor traffic violation, if you have been seriously injured in a car accident involving a negligent driver, call (925) 937-3900 or contact us online. The consultation is totally free. If we accept your case, you will never pay us anything unless we obtain a recovery for you.
Why You Should Choose Our Car Accident Attorneys to Help You
- We have served the California for over 35 years.
- We have been honored with SuperLawyer, AV Rating, and Top 100 Trial Attorney awards.
- We are respected by opposing counsel, feared by insurance companies, and followed by jurors.
- We have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, recovering tens of millions for our clients.
Call Venardi Zurada LLP and our attorneys will provide you with details on why you should work with our team. Our professional colleagues throughout the state of California and nationwide know us as tenacious and strategic professionals who understand what it takes to win in court.
GET A FREE CASE REVIEW
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, please call our California personal injury law firm at (925) 937-3900 or submit the form to the right for a free case review.
If we are able to take your case, there is never any fee or expense to you of any kind until you get paid! That means we pay all litigation costs which you will not be required to pay back, and we only get paid if you get paid.
We have four offices to serve you in Oakland, Orinda, Redding and Chico, and serve clients throughout the entire California including the entire Silicon Valley and throughout California.
VENARDI ZURADA LLP
1650 Oregon Street, Suite 201
Redding, CA 96001
PH: (530) 830-FIRE
116 W 2nd Street, Suite 6
Chico, CA 95928
PH: (530) 830-3473